What to Look for in a Roofing Estimate
Does your roof look a little worse for wear? If you’re suffering from crumbling shingles and leaks, it’s time for a roof renovation. Turn your roof into a beautiful and functional part of your home with new roofing from Harry Helmet. A roofing estimate is the first step in deciding how to improve your home with a new roof.
What’s Involved in a Roofing Estimate?
Homeowners rarely have to replace their roofs, which means that this may be the first roofing estimate that you’ve ever had. What can you expect from a roofing estimate?
- Look for those who will give you a free estimate, so that you don’t need to pay to make the right decision for your home.
- Look for a company that thoroughly inspects your home to get a clear understanding of your real roofing needs.
- Ask about warranties on workmanship and materials. Harry Helmet has a 10 year warranty on workmanship, with manufacturer warranties available on materials with up to lifetime limited warranty periods.
- Find an installer with experience. Harry Helmet has been working on roof replacements since 1981. Your estimate should be able to give you detailed information about your potential costs and the best roofing options for your desired look, budget, and climate.
- Look for an installer that you can trust. The person who does your estimate should have local knowledge about how roofing materials hold up in your particular climate and should understand how various aspects of your roofing, such as your gutter systems work into a comprehensive roofing system. Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home, so look for an installer who makes you feel confident in their products and skills.
What Kind of Roof Should I Get?
Harry Helmet’s experienced team can help guide you as you choose between hundreds of roofing products. Common roofing products include slate, asphalt, metal, plastic polymer, clay or concrete tile, and wooden shingles. Each material has benefits and drawbacks. When you get a roofing estimate, ask about:
- The lifespan of the roof. How long will it last?
- Its durability. Can it manage the weather in your area?
- Its interactions with your existing home. Can your house physically manage this roof?
- The cost. Can you afford this roof?
- The look. Is it a roof that you (and your neighbors) will be proud of?
Roofing Support Systems
Look for a company that doesn’t just install roofs. Can that company also install the support systems that your roof needs? When you’re looking for a holistic roofing solution, install new gutters and gutter guards that help your roof drain easily. With gutter heating products, you can also prevent ice dams from forming and damaging your new roof, since your gutters will flow no matter how cold it gets. As you install a new roof, set yourself up for success with Harry Helmet.
When you’re looking for a new roof, contact Harry Helmet. We don’t just install roofs, we also create products that support the longevity of your roof. If you would like to learn more about roofing: schedule an appointment today.
Written by Del Thebaud