Maybe it’s the holiday spirit, or just stir craziness from being stuck inside where it’s warm. But for whatever reason, winter seems to bring out the silly side of people. That includes advertisers. The commercials that come out in the winter season are often unusually funny (and often feature pratfalls in slippery snow and ice.) Whether or not you really need what they’re selling, these kinds of commercials are always worth a laugh. Take a look at the top five funniest winter-themed commercials, and then take a minute to think about products that you really need this winter.
- The Winter Blues: This Expedia commercial will either make you laugh – or, if you can sympathize with the actors who perfectly portray that feeling you get when you’ve just had enough cold and snow, it may make you cry. Either way, it probably will get you thinking about that vacation you’ve been meaning to take.
- She’s Getting Away: Have you ever noticed that the cashier made a mistake in your favor, and contemplated just getting out of the store as fast as you can, before anyone can catch the error? That’s apparently what the Ikea winter sale feels like – only, it’s not a mistake this time. Still, it’s funny to watch the shopper hightail it out of the store with her low-priced goods.
- Snow Blind: As the actor in this Statoil commercial finds out, you have to be careful when you’re clearing the ice off of your car in the snow. If your car is shaped too much like the one next to it, you might just find that you’ve unwittingly done a good deed for a stranger – but your car is still covered in icy snow. Still, the commercial ends with an offer of free coffee, so that’s a definite step in the right direction for someone who’s covered with snow from two different vehicles.
- Slip and Slide: Have you been waiting for those pratfalls on the slippery ice? Here they are, in a HeatTrak commercial that takes a lighthearted look at the futility of shoveling your walk in the unceasing snow – not to mention the futility of trying to stay upright on the ice. The heated mats that make shoveling a thing of the past do look handy, though.
- Mayhem: Granted, this Allstate commercial isn’t necessarily winter-themed. However, it does star Dean Winters, driving a pink truck and pretending to be a teenage girl. Sort of. In any case, it’s hilarious.
Before you think about running off on vacation this winter, though, and even before you think about keeping the snow off your walkway, it’s important to think about the snow that’s going to be landing on your roof. Sure, icicles hanging off the roof may look pretty, but their weight can dent or damage your gutter system, or bring it down completely, and that’s not funny at all.
You can avoid some expensive repairs by choosing a gutter heat solution that melts snow and ice before it has a chance to damage your gutters. The gutter installation experts at Harry Helmet are available to help you learn about your options for protecting your gutters this winter. Contact Harry Helmet today to find out more.