Located in the Pacific Northwest, the city of Bellingham receives more than its fair share of rainfall over the course of a year. That’s why it’s important for Bellingham residents to have gutters that work well. Gutter leaks and overflowing gutters can wreak havoc on a home’s siding, foundation, and landscaping. If you live in the Bellingham area, how much will it cost to replace your gutters?
The Cost of Gutter Replacement in Bellingham, WA
How much will it cost to replace your gutters in Bellingham, WA? That depends a great deal on what kind of gutter material you choose. Many homeowners choose aluminum or vinyl gutters. These gutters are relatively inexpensive, and they run between $4.14 and $7.01 per square foot. However, if you’d like to look at higher-end stainless steel or copper gutters, they are more expensive. In fact, copper gutters can cost up to $32.49 per square foot. These gutters are often used on high-end or historic home renovations.
Type of Gutter
Cost Per Foot
Other Factors That Influence Gutter Costs
In addition to the type of gutter you choose, there are several other factors that influence gutter costs. These include:
- The size of your home. Homes with multiple levels are more challenging to work on and usually more expensive due to the cost of labor.
- The shape of your home. Homes with many corners and peaks are more difficult when it comes to adding gutters.
- Debris removal has costs associated with it. Removing old gutters runs between $13 and $15 per 25-foot segment that is removed.
- The size of your gutters influences the overall project cost. Gutters with a higher capacity such as 6-inch gutters cost more than 5-inch gutters. If your home requires even larger custom gutters, that will be a higher cost again.
- The extras that you add to your gutter replacement project also add up. For instance, if you need new splash blocks, you’ll pay more for the project. If you want to add gutter covers to protect your new gutters, this investment will come at a cost.
Questions to Ask Your Gutter Contractor
What questions should you ask before you choose a gutter contractor? Check with your prospective contractor about the following questions:
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- What falls under your warranty, and how long does it last?
- Is your warranty transferrable?
- Is gutter installation your primary business?
- Do you have local references and examples that we can look at?
- What is included in your estimate?
By asking these questions before embarking on your gutter project, you will have a more successful gutter replacement.
At Harry Helmet, we’ve been replacing gutters for decades. When you’re looking for a company that’s reliable, with well-trained employees and a triple bottom line warranty, connect with us. Schedule a free estimate today.