Your gutters play an important role in your home. They collect the rainwater and guide it away from your home’s roof, siding, foundation, and landscaping so your home stays dry. If your gutters are not performing this function well, it’s possible that they need to be replaced.
Take a look at some of the things you need to know about getting a gutter replacement in your area.
How Much Does a Gutter Replacement Cost in La Vergne, TN?
Are you ready to replace your gutters? Maybe you know they need to be replaced, but aren’t sure how much it will cost to get the job done. You can start to figure this out by looking at your existing gutters. What kind of material are they made from? You can choose buy gutters made of the same material, or you may opt for a different material. Be sure to talk to your gutter installation contractor and go over all of your options before you decide.
The most common materials for gutters are stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and vinyl. Each material has a different price range. For example, aluminum gutters in your area range from $3.35 to $6.08, while copper gutters range from $24.05 to $25.70. Take a look at the chart below to find out the cost of gutter materials in La Vergne, TN.
|Type of Gutter||Cost per Foot|
Other Factors That Influence Gutter Replacement Costs
Your choice of gutter material isn’t the only thing that will affect the overall cost of your gutter installation. Take a look at other factors you you need to know about regarding gutter installation that will influence the total cost of your project.
- Labor: The cost of labor in your area determines what the workers hired for your project must be paid. The cost of labor should be factored into the estimate and will influence the final cost.
- Gutter Size: Do you need gutters that are bigger than the standard size? That will take more material, and as such, custom-sized gutter cost more to make.
- Size of the Roof: More roof means more gutter material and labor needed to cover and complete the project. If you have a bigger house, your roof is bigger and that will increase the cost.
- Layout of the Roof: Roofs with more angles and features also take more work to cover, and will also cost more in the end.
- Debris Removal: Gutter replacement means needing to remove the old gutters before installing new ones. Some contractors include this service in their estimates while others will consider it a separate cost. Ask your contractor whether they include debris removal in their estimates.
- Add-ons: Add-ons like gutter covers and gutter heating systems add value to your gutter system and usually increase its life span. Ask your contractor if they have these options available, and show how they factor into the overall cost.
Questions to Ask Your Contractor
As you interview different gutter contractors, you should ask them questions that will help you make a more informed decision. Here are some of the most important questions to ask.
- Do you offer a free estimate? What’s included in the estimate?
- Are gutter replacements your specialty?
- Can I contact nearby references and see your work for myself?
- Is your company licensed, bonded, and insured?
- How long does your warranty last? What’s covered in the warranty?
When you need a gutter replacement, Harry Helmet is here for you. We’ve been working on homes like yours for more than three decades. Thinking about a gutter installation project? Talk with the experts.