How Much Does It Cost to Replace Gutters in Seattle, WA?
Coastal Washington State is wet, and Seattle is known for its rainfall. In the winter, wet snow may fall as well. This means that Seattle residents need to have gutters that can withstand all of that precipitation. In Seattle, gutters can get clogged with the many needles that fall from trees, and they can also get clogged with fall leaves. This can lead to bent or overflowing gutters that can send water to the ground, potentially causing damage to your foundation.
How Much Do Gutters Cost in Seattle, Washington?
If you live in Seattle, gutter prices range between $4.15 to $28.50 per linear foot.
Why are gutter prices so different, and what factors impact the total cost of your gutter replacement project?
Factors That Affect Cost
What factors influence the cost of your gutters? Gutter costs vary depending on the type of material used for the gutter. Some materials are very expensive, such as copper. These materials are most often used in applications on historic or very high-end homes. Other materials, such as aluminum or vinyl, are much more affordable.
However, there are many other variables that impact the gutter cost as well. These include:
- The overall capacity of the gutters. Larger 6-inch gutters help you manage higher rainfalls, but they are more expensive than 5-inch gutters.
- Custom work that needs to be done. If you need custom work, this comes with an additional cost.
- The size of the home, specifically the number of levels. Homes with different levels are trickier for contractors, and therefore need some extra time and care when it comes to gutter installation.
- The number of corners and downspouts. If you have a lot of corners, this will result in more work as contractors cut pieces to size.
- The cost of labor in your area. If you live in a place where labor costs are higher, this will impact the cost of gutter installation.
- The cost to remove any old materials from the gutter project. This tends to run between $13 to $15 for each 25-foot segment that is removed. This could be included in your estimate, so confirm this with your gutter company.
As you embark on your gutter project, other projects such as splash blocks will also need to be replaced. They will have an extra cost.
Questions to Ask Your Contractor
As you receive estimates for your gutter project, you need to ask the right questions to make sure that you understand what your contractor will do during your gutter project. This also helps you understand the costs of the project. Ask:
- Are estimates free?
- What references does the contractor have?
- How long has the contractor been doing this work?
- Is the company licensed and bonded?
- What kind of warranty is available on parts and installation?
- Is debris removal included? What else is included?
At Lednor Home Solutions, we want to bring our decades of experience to your gutter project. Connect with us today to learn more about how we can help. Schedule a free estimate.