In the rainy suburbs of Seattle, you have to keep your gutters flowing in the fall and winter months, or you’ll find them overflowing onto your siding and down toward the ground. While getting new gutters might not be your first priority, taking care of your gutters can help your siding and landscaping and safeguard your foundation from water damage and cracks caused by shifting soil. When you need to replace your gutters, how much will this cost if you live in Renton?
How Much Does It Cost to Replace Your Gutters in Renton, Washington?
It can cost between $4.15 to $28.50 per foot to replace your gutters if you live in Renton, Washington.
A lot of this variability is due to the fact that different materials have vastly different costs. Aluminum and vinyl gutters are usually quite affordable, while other materials such as copper are much higher in price and are usually used on historic or high-end homes.
Other Factors That Change Gutter Costs
In addition to the materials involved in the gutter replacement, what else impacts the cost of your gutter project?
- The size and shape of your home change the cost of your gutter project. Homes with multiple levels or many corners are harder to work with during the gutter project, and this means that the cost of labor will be higher.
- The size of your new gutters will change the cost of your gutter project. If you need larger 6-inch gutters or custom gutters, this will be an additional cost.
- Removal of items such as old gutters may or may not be included in your gutter project cost. Ask your contractor whether or not this is included so that you have an understanding of the overall cost of your project.
- Adding a gutter guard or gutter cover can be an excellent way to keep debris out of your gutters. This also adds a cost to your project.
- Extras such as downspouts and splash blocks aren’t really extra since you need them to complete your gutter project. However, they are not always included in the overall estimate.
Questions to Ask Your Contractor
As you get ready to embark on your gutter project, what questions should you ask your gutter contractor to be sure that you have all of the information you need?
- Do you have references or sample projects for us to see? This can give you a sense of the quality of the contractor’s work.
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured? Make sure that you have people you trust working on your home.
- What kind of warranty is there on your work? Are the materials and labor under warranty?
- Are there any other costs to this project that are not in the estimate? This could involve items such as splash blocks or costs such as debris removal.
Are you ready to change the way that your home handles the rain? Talk with us at Harry Helmet. We’ll help you find the gutters that are right for your home. Schedule a free estimate today.