Over time, leaves and other debris can damage your gutters.
A leaky gutter might just seem like a nuisance, but unfortunately, it can be a lot more than that. Leaky gutters cost homeowners time and money. They damage siding, landscaping, and even foundations. Over time, gutters accumulate leaves and get damaged by debris. If you’re on the hunt for a gutter replacement company in Overland Park, Kansas, what do you need to know about the process and the cost of getting a new gutter?
How Much Do Gutters Cost in Overland Park, KS?
If you live in Overland Park, KS, gutter prices range between $3.65 per linear foot to $29.63 per linear foot.
How much your new gutters will cost if you live in Overland Park depends on what type of gutter you get. Some gutters such as aluminum and vinyl are very affordable, while others such as copper and stainless steel are more expensive. Take a look at how the prices break down.
Other Factors That Influence Gutter Costs
In addition to the type of gutter material that you choose, there are many other factors that influence the cost of your gutters. These include:
- The cost of labor in your area. The areas around Overland Park are not too expensive compared to some parts of the United States, so you’re in luck if you live in this area.
- The cost of debris removal. Some gutter replacement companies may put this cost into your estimate, while others might not. Be sure to check with your company prior to accepting the estimate.
- The gutter size that you require. If you require larger gutters, then these come at a higher cost.
- The size and shape of your home. Homes that are multi-story and have many corners and peaks are more difficult to work on than homes that are single-story and square.
- Any extras that you might choose to add. For instance, when you get new gutters, you might want to purchase a gutter cover, new splash blocks, or additional hangers for your new gutters. These are necessary, but they may not be included in the price of your gutter quote.
Questions to Ask Your Gutter Contractor
Before you hire a gutter replacement professional, be sure to ask questions to ensure that you are hiring the right contractor and that you know how your project will proceed. Ask your contractor the following questions:
- How much is an estimate? What is included in that estimate?
- How long have you been installing gutters? Do you have any local references?
- Are you licensed and bonded?
- Is there a warranty on your work? How long does it last, and what does it include?
The better you can understand your contractor’s expertise, the better you can make a decision about who to work with on this project.
At Harry Helmet, we want to make your home easier to maintain. That’s why we’ve worked on roofs, gutters, and gutter covers for homeowners like you for over thirty years. Talk with us about our triple bottom line warranty and learn more about our gutters; schedule a free estimate today.