- Gutter Shutter
Through ice, snow, rain, and all of those fall leaves, where do Cleveland residents go to get gutters? Your gutters are essential to your home. They protect everything from your roof to your foundation. To maintain your gutters, you need to keep them clean. Installing a gutter cover can provide you with gutter protection 365 days a year, and you’ll never need to get on a ladder again. What gutter companies provide the best gutter covers in the Cleveland area?
Why Cleveland Residents Need Gutter Covers
A gutter isn’t just a trough that water rolls down – it’s a complex system that captures rainwater from your roof and carries it into downspouts, where it exits into pipes or into your garden. A gutter system must be installed at the correct angle, and it needs the right support and quality installation so that it will continue to serve your home over time. Cleveland has both rain and snow in gutters at different times of the year. When these combine with plentiful fall leaves, Cleveland residents can find themselves challenged to keep up with all of the gutter maintenance. Gutter covers help remove the leaves before they land in the gutters, making life simpler for homeowners.
Harry Helmet in Cleveland
The Company: Harry Helmet focuses on gutters, gutter covers, and related services. With 35 years of experience working on roofs and gutter covers across the United States, Harry Helmet has extensive experience in gutter installation, roofing, and gutter covers. Since the company also works on awnings and roofs, it brings an understanding of the roof as a system.
Products: Harry Helmet focuses on products that will help you avoid cleaning your gutter in the future. Its gutter cover is called Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet. Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet uses surface tension to send water into the gutter and to send leaves to the ground. Harry Helmet also has a product called Helmet Heat. This product is ideal for those places with cold winters, since it prevents ice and snow from damming your gutters.
Warranty: Harry Helmet’s unique triple lifetime warranty not only provides long-term coverage, it also covers materials, installation, and performance.
Reviews: Harry Helmet of Cleveland has a BBB rating of A+.
LeafFilter in Cleveland
The Company: The LeafFilter company specializes in the LeafFilter Gutter Guard. It does not install gutter systems.
Products: LeafFilter is a mesh filter that uses surgical grade steel and a rust-proof microfilter. The holes in the mesh are smaller than a grain of sand. The frame that supports the mesh is made of titanium dioxide to provide sun and temperature protection. Every 18 inches, there is an internal bracket. With LeafFilter, leaves, and needles move over the edge of the screen.
Warranty: LeafFilter is designed to last for 25 years, and there is a transferable warranty and a money back guarantee. If your LeafFilter clogs or has another problem, the company’s support team can be available within 24 hours.
Reviews: Reviews on Glassdoor give LeafFilter Cleveland a 3.5 rating, but ratings can change over time and from review site to review site. LeafFilter has high ratings from other review sites such as Angie’s List.
LeafGuard in Cleveland
The Company: LeafGuard is also known as Beldon. The company provides service in the Metro Cleveland area and in neighboring communities.
Products: The company offers the LeafGuard gutter guard. This is a one piece gutter system, which means that you’ll need to change your gutters if you decide to install this product. The gutter system curves at the top, allowing water to flow into the gutter, sending leaves to the ground. The gutter system is thicker than regular gutters and has two times the usual number of attachments. It has a wide base, and it’s seamless, which helps it prevent leaks.
Warranty: LeafGuard has a warranty on the paint that’s on the LeafGuard system and a lifetime clog-free guarantee. If your LeafGuard ever gets clogged, they will clean your gutters for free.
Reviews: There are few reviews of the specific LeafGuard Cleveland dealer.
K-Guard in Cleveland
The Company: K-Guard gutter guards has dealers across the country. Make sure that you look at the policies and reputation of each individual dealer when you decide to purchase a product.
Products: K-Guard is an integrated gutter system that includes the gutters and the hood. It has hangers set every 24 inches inside the gutter. These support the hood and also prevent the gutter from sagging. The gutters are 5 inches wide and can drain out any water that accidentally enters the system. They are curved and come in a number of colors to complement your home. K-Guard attaches to your fascia board. If you don’t have a fascia board, you could add a fascia board build out to your gutter installation.
Warranty: The K-Guard system is made of thick aluminum and will last for about 20 years. The company offers a lifetime warranty on their gutters.
Reviews: K-Guard has few reviews on Yelp, but reviews on Bird Eye give the Cleveland dealer a high rating of 4.9.
GutterShutter in Cleveland
The Company: GutterShutter’s headquarters are in Cincinnati, and they launched from that location in 2003. They now have dealers in different areas across the country.
Products: GutterShutter encloses your gutter, and water flows over the nose of the GutterShutter using surface tension. The GutterShutter has a high back to protect your fascia board, ensuring that your board is covered in aluminum to protect it from water damage. There is a 5 and 6 inch hood available. The system combines a seamless gutter with a removable hood that can be replaced if it gets damaged.
Warranty: Gutter Shutter offers a lifetime no clog warranty.
Reviews: There have been some complaints on review sites about the accuracy of the warranty, but these seem to vary from dealer to dealer. Check with your local dealer to ensure that the dealer will honor this warranty.
How to Choose a Gutter Cover Company
There are many different gutter cover companies. Which one should you choose? Take your gutters seriously and make a choice that will keep your gutters, roof, and foundation safe from water damage. Look for the following when you choose a gutter company:
- A company with a long history – they know what they’re doing, and they have a reputation.
- A company that specializes in gutters, so that you know they’ll understand your drainage system.
- Seamless gutter products that reduce the number of connections between pieces of your gutter, reducing the possibility of leaks and sagging.
- The company’s insurance and warranty policy should protect their employees and your home. If your neighbor installs your gutters, chances are that person does not have insurance or a warranty.
- Find a company with an excellent reputation for customer service. The company should be responsive to feedback and concerns if you ever have a problem with your gutters in the future.
- A warranty that covers materials, performance, and installation.
Ask These Questions About Your New Gutter Guard
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about your gutter guard products. An accomplished company should welcome questions about their products and workmanship. When you find the right fit, you’ll find a gutter cover that will allow you to protect your home for many years to come. Ask these questions to make sure that a gutter cover product is right for your home:
- Does this gutter guard work with my size and shape of gutters?
- Do I need to replace my entire gutter system to install this product?
- How does the product function? Are there concerns about clogging?
- How does the gutter cover manage in high rainfall?
- How does the gutter cover work with snow and ice?
- How long do you expect this product to last?
- Will I need to clean my gutter guard or do other maintenance?
- How does the gutter cover handle needles and fine sediment?
- How does the gutter cover look from the ground?
- How does the gutter cover work with my roof?
- What does the warranty cover?
- Is the warranty transferable?
What to Consider When You Buy a Gutter Guard
1. There are many kinds of gutter guards, and they work in different ways. Foam inserts allow water to seep down through pores in the foam, but they can clog with fine sediment over time. Mesh gutter guards prevent leaves from entering the gutter, but they may need to have that debris removed. Nose-forward designs send leaves off the gutter onto the ground.
2. Aim to find a gutter cover that is either easy to clean or eliminates cleaning. Gutter covers that allow debris to accumulate will have many of the same challenges that you experience without a gutter guard.
3. Look for gutter guards that match the size and shape of your gutters so that you can ensure that they function well. They should also match the style of your home.
4. Seek out home products that have warranties for defective materials, workmanship, and performance as well. If the warranty is transferable, so much the better; these warranties add value to your home since the warranty transfers to the next homeowner.
Are you ready to make a choice that will reduce your gutter maintenance, stress, and time spent doing annoying household chores? Do you want to protect your building from the problems of leaking gutters? If so, Harry Helmet can help. With Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet and our Helmet Heat products, we can help those who live in Cleveland conquer falling leaves and snow. Contact us to schedule a free estimate today.