It’s a rainy day in Cleveland, and you look out the window to see water dripping off your gutters. You try to ignore it, but in the back of your mind you know that you need to clean out your gutters. This is one of your least-loved home tasks, and it comes with an element of danger as well. Getting up on a ladder can be hazardous. Whether your gutter is clogged with leaves or backed up with ice and snow, you need gutter protection systems that allow your gutters to run clean and clear, no matter what the weather. Will K-Guard in Cleveland help your home stay protected from the elements?
Why Do You Need Gutter Guards In Cleveland?
Cleveland sits on the shores of lake Erie, and this huge water source influences the city’s climate. About a quarter of the year, it rains or snows in the city. Snow can be particularly variable, and four months out of the year, Cleveland residents can just about count on having more than 10 inches of snow. Combine rain and snow with Ohio’s famous fall leaves, and you have a messy gutter waiting to happen. Falling leaves can clog gutters, causing water to fall on the ground near your home, damaging the foundation. Snow and ice can clog gutters as well, creating ice dams that cause problems for your roof. To protect your gutters from leaves, snow, and ice, you need gutter protection systems such as gutter guards and gutter heat.
Those who want to be leaf-free may turn to K-Guard Gutters. K-Guard operates through dealers across the United States. The cost of the system varies depending on the dealer, as do the specific warranties offered for materials and labor. You’ll need to talk with your local dealer to get a sense of that company’s history, availability, and cost. Dealers may also offer seasonal discounts on their products. Look at each dealer’s website for offers and free estimates.
What Products Does K-Guard Offer?
K-Guard is an integrated home drainage system that provides both a gutter and a gutter protection product that work together to protect your home from overflowing water that can damage your foundation.
- Designed for 5-inch gutters to ensure that it has enough capacity for high rainfall events
- It’s attached to 3×4 inch downspouts that allow a lot of water to flow down to the ground
- The system includes a gutter and hood. With K-Guard, you’ll replace your gutters at the same time as you add a gutter protection system. If necessary, you can remove the hood, although this will remove your gutter protection.
- K-Guard is designed to sit at a specific height in relation to your roof, and it must be installed at that height to work its best.
- K-Guard attaches to the fascia board and is held in place with polymer hangers that can withstand 125 lbs of pressure. If you don’t have a fascia board, you can have one installed for an additional cost.
- The hood can support 60 lbs/foot of pressure, whether that’s a load pressing down or wind moving up or onto the gutter system.
- Water can enter the gutter from the front or the rear of the K-Guard system, preventing water from backing up onto the roof, freezing, and causing roof damage.
- The K-Guard is visible from the ground, but it looks like crown molding. Since it’s a combined system, the gutter and hood are the same color.
- If you need to avoid ice dams and snow accumulation, you can also add a heated K-Guard system to your gutter system. Heated cables can be added to the underside of the gutter hood to warm up snow and ice.
The K-Guard system is designed to work together, unlike a foam insert or mesh that you place on top of your gutters. DIY gutter protection systems may not provide you with enough gutter protection, as the foam can get clogged pores and leaves may sit on top of the mesh, eventually causing it to overflow again. With the K-Guard system, water slides over the top of the hood and into the gutter.
As a combined system, K-Guard can be more expensive than adding a gutter cover or gutter guard system to your existing gutters, since you’re replacing both the trough and the topper for your gutters.
Who Installs K-Guard?
K-Guard dealers install K-Guard’s products, and that means that processes and products vary from dealer to dealer. For example, the specific colors of K-Guard available may vary depending on the dealer and on your location in the country.
What is the Warranty on K-Guard?
Dealers offer a lifetime no-clog warranty. If the system does clog, the installer will come to your home to fix the problem for free. If you’re looking for a warranty on materials and installation, you will need to ask your specific dealer about warranty options. K-Guard estimates that the coatings on its system will last for about 20 years, while the materials will last longer.
Reviews of K-Guard in Cleveland
While K-Guard is widely available, it’s installed by dealers, and dealers vary in their reputation. K-Guard Cleveland has gotten several Angie’s List awards and receives an A+ rating from the local Better Business Bureau.
At Harry Helmet, we’re here to make sure that your home runs smoothly, no matter what the weather. With our roofing, awning, and gutter protection products, we’ll help you protect your gutters from rain, snow, and ice. With Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet, you no longer need to worry about leaves. They simply slide off onto the ground. Add Helmet Heat, and you have a four season gutter system that even works during Cleveland’s snowy winters. Learn more about Gutter Helmet today: contact Harry Helmet to schedule an appointment.